Georgia Girl

Friday, March 9, 2007

Simon and Garfunkle, yeah, I've heard of them...

a pharmaceutical company, right?

The other day I was hanging out at the house, solo. An unusal occassion since I have three roomates. The phone rang. We have a landline and for extra fun, no caller id. It's like Christmas every time the phone rings because you never know who's gonna be on the other end. Most of the time it's one of the other houses calling to see what time we're partyin or whatever. I've gotten into the groove of answering the phone with whatever comes to mind. On this particular night, I WANTED to say "Gonoreaha" (I can't even spell that shit), but instead I went with "Crab Cakes!" An unknown male asked to talk to Tess M. "No, Tess M. isn't here right now," is what I responded with. "Crab cakes, what, is that your camp name?" "Um, no, I just felt like saying crab cakes. This isn't Tess's brother by any chance?" "No, this is Joe Somebody. I was just calling to let Tess know that I've been having trouble get a hold of her third reference but I'm still really interested in hiring her." "Yeah, that's what I was afraid of."

It was just one of those nights I was glad I didn't go with an STD.

2 Comments:

  • At March 11, 2007 at 11:54 PM , Blogger Icy said...

    Man, you're crazy ^_^ (in a really cool and interesting way of course).

     
  • At March 16, 2007 at 10:55 AM , Blogger Rockstar Mom said...

    Not long ago i got to thinking about how everytime I answer the phone, the caller, no matter who they are, always say "Whatcha doin'?"

    And I get tired of having to use the same old answer..."Nothin'" Cause sometimes I really am doing something.

    So I started answering with whatever comes to mind. "Takin' a crap, and I just realized I don't have any paper. How far from my house are you right now?"

    My favorite answer is "Peeling potatos." I don't know why but I use it a lot.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home