Georgia Girl

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Like red on a rose

What is the deal with my obsession with Alan Jackson? Seriously, you'd think I'd be like every other girl and have it in for Kenny Chesney or Tim McGraw. Um, the thing is, I'd like to think of myself as a person of taste so that would explain that.

Al's new love song (yes, I can call him Al. He's my long lost pal.), Like red on a rose, is definitely one of my new favorite songs. It was written Robert Lee Castleman who is/was a truck driver. I bought the cd. It was produced by Alison Krauss, and I really like it but it doesn't sound like what you'd think a typical country cd would sound like. It's like a weird concoction of lounge music, country, and the blues. Every single song is a love song. And they're all slow. Some are about how great it is to be in love and some are about how shitty it is. Most of them are lonely. And that's my excruciatingly sintillating critque about that.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home