Georgia Girl

Thursday, February 15, 2007

"Dress sexy and shut up. That's my motto." -Rosario from Will&Grace

Yesterday, unlike what many people might think, was not Valentine's Day. It was Mandy's birthday. Damn skippy. We went salsa dancin again. I could go into a whole shpeel about how the fact that my partner actually led me and knew what he was doin allowed me to just go with it and have fun, and then somehow relate that to relationships, but, well, no.

We stopped by open-mike night at a bar last night too. One of the guys we work with was singin so we figured we'd swing by and support him. This older (mid 60s) guy came in. He looked homeless. Mandy asked him to come sit with us. His name was Alvin. About 20 minutes later, Mandy was draggin me up the stairs to go get another shot and we bumbed into old Alvin. She grabbed him by the hand and said, "Come on! You're gonna have a shot with us." So I bought a round of Sex on the Beach. Alvin drank it like a pro.

What would you think if a girl ran up to you, squeezed your cheeks (face cheeks there) because you may or may not look like a teddy bear, leaned in and said, 'I think you're cute!' and then ran off? Give me some slack. It was Mandy's birthday. And the girl loves her some shots. So I had to drink with her. And the salsa instructor looks like a teddy bear. God bless, I can't ever go salsa dancing again.

I guess that's what happens when you're a blunt person. It's not hard for me to be honest about what I think because I think I'm totally fake if I'm not honest. And I don't do fake. What's hard is being so blunt in a world where most folks are too scared to express the same level of honesty. I tend to take people at their word (unless I think they're full of it), so when you say "quack" to me it's "quack" even if you meant "ruff ruff." And that gets me into trouble sometimes. And that makes me mad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home