Georgia Girl

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Childrens Do Learn

Recently I've been watching a lot of Jon Stewart's Daily Show and The Colbert Report. They crack my shit up.

Anyways, what the hell is up with people not apologizing. Now, I don't mean this on a personal level. If I want an apology from a friend/lover/sibling/etc I'll beat it out of them if they won't give it to me willingly. I mean in the business world. I recently got insurance for my BADASS trailer. I went with State Farm even though they'll cost me an extra $30 a year (a lot for a grad student) compared to Farm Bureau. You wanna know why? Because when I initially called Farm Bureau, they said they'd call me right back. But they never did. So the next day I called and told the receptionist what happened. No apology. The agent she connected me to heard the same story from me (it was told VERY politely). Once again, no apology, no empathy. Nada. Granted, neither one of them were responsible for calling me back. However, I was a potential customer and they are representives of the company I was seeking a service from. So guess what? I now pay extra money to State Farm because the lady who helped me there was amazingly nice. Think about it. Which company will be better to deal with if my trailer gets broken into, swept away by a flood, blown over by a tornado? The folks who don't call me back or the ones who send me a hand-written letter? The decision is yours.

Not really, though, because I already made it.

4 Comments:

  • At October 4, 2007 at 8:59 AM , Blogger yosh said...

    Service counts. I do it all the time. As a matter of fact, I told a guy that I didn't get a mortgage with him because he acted disinterested in my business. That would have made him plenty of money I'm sure.

     
  • At October 5, 2007 at 2:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    typical trailer park trash!!

     
  • At October 9, 2007 at 12:58 PM , Blogger Nev said...

    Yosh! you're still around. Awesome. You're right though..service means everything. Folks in the business world (and in the personal arena) think they can act/say/do anything and it won't come back on them but it does I guess.

     
  • At October 9, 2007 at 1:00 PM , Blogger Nev said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home