Georgia Girl

Sunday, March 25, 2007

All in all, a damn fine weekend

Yesterday we fished, laid out, fished, and watched Blood Diamond (when did Leonardo DiCaprio get hot?). The movie was actually really good and I'm not even into bloody/gory ones. This mornin, me and Adam went turkey hunting and then me and the girls tried out our new slip-n-slide. Did I catch a single fish yesterday and did he shoot a turkey today? That's a negatory. Is my ass completely worn out from having such an action-packed, outdoorsy weekend? Hell yeah it is and it's a little on the crispy side, too. Maybe next time I'll rethink that no-sunscreen-idea.

Growing up, my dad use to take me fishin a lot. I always loved it. I used to catch fish all the time. Not so much these days. Maybe it's because I'm no longer fishing with a kite-string and bread in the Swan Pond where there are so many sunfish that they're practically begging you to take them home and let them live in your toliet. Or it might have something to do with my almost perfect ability to get the best lures caught in trees (I'm not dumb, sometimes I'm just so excited to cast that I don't think about what's right above me). Anyway, yesterday we could see these huge bass right where we were casting but they weren't having any of it. We used worms, rooster tails, crappie jigs, plastic minnows. Nothing. But Luke was having better luck than the rest of us and he told me he used some shiny thing. I'll look for it next time I'm at the store but that tackle aisle is pretty intimidating--big men just staring at you like they know exactly how much of a dumbass you are. Well, except for the nice older black men. They're always friendly. Anyway back to the story, when I could see like 4 of those huge bass my heart started pounding and I was having more-than-usual trouble tieing my lures on (I'm not good with knots of any kind...my brain doesn't work that way). And even though it didn't amount to me gettin a picture taken with even a 1/2 lb bass, I had a good time. But I'm telling you, by May, there will be a picture of me holding a fish up. Granted, it might only be a mosquito fish, but I'm gonna get one.

We used our new slip-n-slide this afternoon. I look like I got knee-cap-inplants and I have bruises all down my forearms, but I had a damn good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home