Georgia Girl

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

20 years together and still goin strong

Me: Sitting across from Josh at a resturant. Sippin on a beloved Budlight.

Josh: 'Here's 11 reasons why we SHOULDN'T skip New Hampshire......'

Me: Finish my beer. Look sad. 'You know, I love Budlight soooo much that I think I should have a funeral every time I finish one. And then open a new one at the after-party.'

Josh: Blank stare.

Me: 'Well, Rebecca would have thought that was hilarious. She would have fallen out of her chair laughin. I'll call her and prove it.' Call and leave a voicemail for Rebecca. A few hours later receive conformation that the joke was really funny.

See, me and Rebecca, we've known each other since we were 3. We're now getting close to 24 so we have officially been friends for 20 years. We're not exactly polar opposites when it comes to our personalities, but we are pretty different. I won't bore you with what's different about us, just trust me. But when it comes down to it, we think the same. Especially here lately--we have been totally and completely be insync. We'll think the same thing at the same time, etc. And our sense of humor is just so on that we laugh our asses off at stuff that makes the people around us think we're kinda crazy. They don't quite get us. But we're really funny to each other. And that's all there is to it.

Another thing I love about Rebecca is if I'm just having one of those days, I don't have to explain all the intricate details about what's wrong. For instance, I got to her house today and said, "Rebecca, I seriously think I'm about to go insane. Like, I might snap at any minute." She looked at me, but not with a concerned face, as I explained just a little bit about what I was freakin out about. Nonchalantly, she said "Yeah, I'd feel the same way too," handed me a pair of gloves, scarf, and tobogan, and took me on an hour and half walk through the woods. And that was all I needed. I felt completely better. She understands me and doesn't think I'm straight-jacket-ready when I get flustered like that. And because she's so cool about stuff, I can say anything to her without bein afraid of it bein taken the wrong way.

Ok, yeah, I would marry her but we're both straight so that just wouldn't work.

And yet another thing, we both love movies. Like, quote movies all the time but not in a nerdy, film-school-snob kinda way. Just whenever a quote we remember fits into the conversation, we spout it out. Ricky Bobby is a current favorite-'That just happened!'

And we want to start a show on the food network called Two Drunk Bitches. When we lived together, we use to get drunk and grab stuff out of our cabinet and create masterpieces in the kitchen. Well, that's better than the Barefoot Contessa show they have on now, seriously. That's lame.

And one final thing. When we were little we both had awful haircuts. There's a picture of us in preschool and she has a mega mullet and I have a mushroom. That's hot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home