Georgia Girl

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Blow Hole

We had a good time in Charleston. Here's a picture of all of us at Fort Sumter. (I was the only southerner present)
So this week I'm teaching two classes. And they're both tomorrow. So what have I been up to at work these past few days? Monday morning: 4-wheeling and GPSing trails. Monday afternoon: GPSing challenge course elements. Tuesday morning: I belayed my boss-lady (aka Crystal, a gal pal) while she drilled screws into holds on the climbing wall...basically she hung in the air while I held onto the rope with both my hands and my harness (my jamaquack is kinda tender now....OUCH). Tuesday afternoon: me and Mandy broke out the huge ass auger and tried to get some holes dug.... Today: me and Mandy built a new element all on our own. Pretty much. Ok, so maybe we couldn't find a drill that could get through a tree and had to run over to maintenance. And maybe one of the maintenance guys brought his drill over and drilled the holes. Maybe. But if we had the right drill, we could have done it no problem. The rest was just us and some cable clamps, serving sleeves, cable, thimbles, an angle grinder, a wench, some vice grips, a socket-wrench, and some b.a.b. power. I'm tellin you...I'm tired.
But Lost comes on in 20 minutes, and I think Kate is gonna whoop Julia's ass so this is going to be good. By 10:45, though, I'm usually on the verge of droolin on a pillow. I wish they hadn't changed it to a 10pm show. Oh well, nobody's perfect.
I loaded all the Charleston pictures on my shutterfly page....they're kinda entertaining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home