Georgia Girl

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Knots on a Counting Rope

When I was little, I remember sitting at the dining room table for the better part of an hour. I was a frustrated, exasperated second grader working on my first book report. It all seemed hopeless--I had no idea what I was suppose to do first, how to do it, how the thing was ever goin to get done. Looking back, I want to wrap my arms around that little girl while tryin not to laugh in her face. It was a huge deal to me back then. But in the big scheme of things, it wasn't even a drop in the bucket. Kids are funny. People in general are funny. I think we'd all be better off not letting the little things get to us AND if we'd be more understanding when they get to other people. And that's my opinion on that.

I love sleeping in. Not because I get to sleep late, because, well, I can't sleep in til 10 anymore. Anyway, the reason I like to sleep in is because that means I don't have anything I just HAVE to get up for. No committment, no work, nada. So that means I can just lay in bed and stare at the ceiling. I have a whole little in-depth look in my head on politics, religion, sex, witty euphamisms, etc. The whole conversation definitley rivals This Week with George Stephanofolus.

Tonite we're hosting a White-Trash Fiesta. The new folks probably think we're insane. Good thing they figured that out early.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home