Georgia Girl

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Thirsty Thursday

I've decided to not drink. For a whole week. No alcohol. Until next Thursday. Why? Just because. I've been drinkin a lot and it makes me feel gross the next morning. Not like sick, just greasy, you know (I'm Serbian, Scotish, and British. I can handle my drink-ha!)? So even though we're hosting a white-trash party on Saturday, I will not drink. Unless it's Boone's Farm because that really doesn't count as alcohol. And it'll be out of a paper bag so that makes it ok.

Today was the first day of training. Everybody from last season (except Sarah who transfered to another 4-H center in Georgia) came back to the Rock, and we have 5 new people here too. The calendar that says when the schools are coming and how many kids they're bringing with them is insane. We're seriously gonna be up to our necks in kids. Eeeeeek. Anyway, that's why we have more staff than last season. They all seem nifty. Me and Mandy even got a 3rd shed fairy. Except it's a guy. So he's now a shed knight. That doesn't make sense to you but that's because you're not cool and you don't work at Rock Eagle (or because you have a life. You decide).

Me and Mandy started work on Tuesday because, like I said, we're handy. So what did we build? Um, that would be two HUGE octogon platforms. Yup, handy. They're for the challenge course--you know, those things out in the woods that are built out of wood or cable and you have to use teamwork to accomplish a goal? Ok, maybe not. Anyway, they're platforms for one of the elements we built last season. Exciting enough.

Only a few more weeks until Lost starts. And it's gonna come on at a new time so I won't ever miss it because I'm teaching a night class. Exciting. How much longer can this show go on, though? I guess we'll see.

They announced the Academy Award nominees on Tuesday morning. I'm sure you can google it if you're interested. Will Smith got a nod for Best Actor.

1 Comments:

  • At January 26, 2007 at 9:04 AM , Blogger yosh said...

    You will drink and you will like it. As for myself, I definitely will not drink Friday night. Have to be at work at about 4:30am to supervise inventory. Saturday night I may just be too damn tired.

    I got your message.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home